Click on Classes at the blue sidebar on the left and then click on Create Class. System will help you make it through 3 easy steps:
1. GENERAL INFORMATION tab. Please check tooltips if you require additional information.
- Course: choose MARS (basic whether you don't have a customization, or your customized course if you have previously agreed to upload your documents with your CS Agent).
- Topic: name your game topic.
- Weeks: it will be set automatically, no need to do anything there.
This is the fastest and easiest way to set up a Mars game. There you'll set:
- Maximum number of sessions (in-game stations). The end date will be automatically set depending on the number of sessions.
- Number of turns (turns in each station). Each station is divided in 2 turns, with an approximate duration of 15 minutes per turn.
- Session's duration (in minutes, hours or days).
Tip: for a 2 weeks game, we recommend a minimum of 6-10 stations of 2 turns.
- (Optional) You can deactivate some days to avoid students accessing the game (like weekends, for instance).
Federations in Mars work like teams inside the game. At the Basic tab you can activate them if you wish (this is totally optional). You can choose between 2 modalities:
- Automatic (members of each federation will be automatically and randomly set as players join the game)
- Manual (you will tell them previously which federation they'll join, the game will ask them when the session starts).
This way Mars allows you to create a team game to improve cooperation and internal communication between departments. Once activated you will:
- Set number estimated federations (only of you pick "manual" mode).
- Set noumber of estimated players (only if you choose "automatic" mode).
Read this article to know more details about this option. Once you've checked everything is fine, click on "save and continue".
Please keep in mind: when the class ends, ranking will remain viewable for 3 more days. During that period of 72 hours the GAME will already be OVER, the course will only be accessible to check final scores.
Once your class has been created you will have acces to the "Tutoring" tab with 3 new features: Questions, MIS and Debates.
- Add questions to the game (each question must have 3 possible answers, only 1 valid) and choose if they're certified or basic.
- We recommend you design at least 20 questions to ensure your students will answer questions created by you.
- Send messages to all the players during the game (they will view them through Feed).
- Tips: send reminders, cheer-up messages, etc.
- Check the current debates and act as a judge to certify or close debates.
Check here the FAQ about Mars to make the maximum out of the game's features and share them with your students.