In this article:
- Customizing ADA: How do I see all of my personalized versions?
- I made a customized version of ADA, and I added some hyperlinks to my docs. Why are they not showing up correctly?
- How can I customize ADA?
- How do I delete one of my ADA Customization docs?
- How can I tell if a document of mine is in use (ADA)?
- Is it possible to have several different versions of ADA?
- How many documents can I upload to my ADA customization?
- Do I have to "fill out" all the packages of my ADA customization?
- Do all documents of ADA have associated questions?
- What formats does ADA support?
- Can I modify my customized version of ADA once the class has begun?
- Can I include Powerpoint presentations in ADA that have effects, and will those effects work when the student views the powerpoint in the game?
- Can I delete a question in my customization?
- Can the games be customized?
- Recommendations to customize ADA, what should I take into consideration?
Customizing ADA: How do I see all of my personalized versions?
You would have to click on "ADA Customizations" found on the bottom of the side bar. After you have done so, click on the tab entitled "ADA Customizations". There you will find a list of all the versions of ADA you have already created.
I made a customized version of ADA, and I added some hyperlinks to my docs. Why are they not showing up correctly?
The game has been developed in such a way that all hyperlinks are not activated when accessed from the platform and the game. We recommend that you do not include hyperlinks in your customized game.
*Hyperlinks are elements in the document that refer to another document or to a certain place within the same doc.
How can I customize ADA?
How do I delete one of my ADA Customization docs?
To delete a document you have added to our platform for customization purposes, click on the Documents tab. Next to each document, you will find a trashcan symbol. Simply click on it, and it the document will be deleted. Be sure to check that the document is not currently in use in any of your versions of ADA.
How can I tell if a document of mine is in use (ADA)?
To know if a document is currently in use in one of your versions of ADA, click on the Documents tab to see a list of your archived docs. Next to each document, you will see a number indicating in how many customized games it is currently being used in or not. To delete a document, make sure that it is not currently in use.
Is it possible to have several different versions of ADA?
Yes. You can save as many versions as you like. For example, you can save one version of ADA for your sales team, another version for your managers, and still another for your new hires. You can save them under different names for easy access found in the "ADA Customization" tab, found next to the "documents" tab.
How many documents can I upload to my ADA customization?
The course is divided into 27 turns, 25 of which can be filled with your own information. Each unit can contain up to 4 documents. That is, each personalised version can include up to 100 documents.
Do I have to "fill out" all the packages of my ADA customization?
It is not necessary to include information in every turn. The less information you include, the more practical and precise it is, this means a better experience for the students. That’s why there can be packets with no information, but we recommend that you should include at least 20 documents so that the students do not only play the graphic adventure.
Do all documents of ADA have associated questions?
Yes, each document included in the game should have at least one question (we use questions to assess how much the students has understood.) Each questions will have 3 or 4 possible answers and only one of them will be correct.
What formats does ADA support?
ADA supports the following doc formats:
Additional technical specifications:
- Written documents: only PDF (avoid formats such as docx, xlsx, pptx, etc. so that the layout remains properly configured).PDFs should be as light (short) as possible so as not to slow down the game.
- A maximum of 150MB per file should be established (no matter if it is PDF or video).
- Videos should be in MP4 format (the standard one), since formats such as mov, mkv, avi and so on are not permitted. Should it be possible, we highly recommend that you should link YouTube or Vimeo video so that they are faster to play.
Can I modify my customized version of ADA once the class has begun?
Yes. You can modify your pre-existing version of ADA, but it's important to remember that those that have already started playing will not see the changes.
If a student has started a course, he or she will continue playing the original version. They will not see the modifications.
We recomend that before launching a version of ADA, you first test it to ensure that all materials are in their final state.
Can I include Powerpoint presentations in ADA that have effects, and will those effects work when the student views the powerpoint in the game?
Unfortunately, for now, Powerpoint presentations with effects will not work. We recommend that Powerpoint presentations (without effects) are saved in the PDF format (.PDF) when you include them in your documents for the game.
Can I delete a question in my customization?
Yes, questions associated to any document in the customization of ADA can be deleted.
Please, remember that all documents must have at least one question associated to them. To do so, follow these steps:
1. Click on the grey left-side menu "ADA Customizations"
2. Search for the document (should you have more than one customization, you can also search for the version which needs editing in the tab "ADA customizations".)
3. Once you have found the document containing the question you want to delete, click on the arrow to edit it.
4. Delete the above mentioned question by clicking on the trashcan icon.
Can the games be customized?
We have complete serious games at Gamelearn with well-defined and structured contents, and video games that clients can customize based on their needs and objectives.
Gamelearn video games can be customized easily and simply. You can include your own customized contents, company-specific branding, images or videos.
Recommendations to customize ADA, what should I take into consideration?
When it comes to customizing ADA, take in consideration our recommendations to make the best possible use of it:
- Make sure to fill out concise information as possible in the game to ensure maximum understanding and assimilation of the contents.
- For a better user experience don't include unnecessary information, make it synthetic and to the point.
- Text files: less than 5 pages.
- Presentations: between 10 and 15 slides.
- Videos and audios: less than 4 minutes.
We advise that the first document of the game to be a welcoming message that includes a contact from your company so that the students can get in touch in case of any queries they come across within the content of the course.
Turns, documents and formats
- Minimum turns with documents: we recommend including a minimum of 25 documents so that there are not many turns without content (in this case they will only have a graphic adventure).
- Format of documents
- Include text, videos and / or audios that contributes to the students engagement.
- Mix up the order of the documents to improve the user experience and maintaining hype.
- You can also add variety of creative resources such as TED videos or related to the topic, a welcoming audio or video from your CEO or team leaders presenting the program, recommendations to carry out a particular task or presenting a product or process.
- Check this article for more information: What formats does ADA support?
- Displacement of students within the company: you can add fun exercises in a particular turn like making the student gather information from a certain area or department in order for them to answer the questions and advance in the game.
- The information that they are looking for can only be given by a single person from the department or published somewhere nearby. This method is very useful while implementing ADA for onboarding processes and it gives the possibility in knowing the people and different departments of the company.
- Communication channel: it is very effective to announce the training course in a creative way and encourage the students during the adventure with appropriate messages.
If you have doubts ...
Remember to visit our Customizations section.