In this article:
- Can it be integrated in my Learning Management System (LMS)?
- What is an "Integration"? Is it worth implementing it?
- What are the different types of integrations that can be done with Gamelearn and what are the cost implications?
- Is the application compatible with SAML2 as a service provider?
- What steps are to be followed to start with the integration?
- What possible ways are there to enroll students in the platform with an integration?
- What possible methods (eliminating / hiding an account) are compatible with an integration with Gamelearn?
- What information is required to create an account in the application to make the integration possible?
Can it be integrated in my Learning Management System (LMS)?
The Gamelearn platform uses international IT standards that allow you to integrate with a majority of LMS platforms in the market.
Learning Management Systems (LMS) such as Cornerstone, Talentsoft, Oracle Learning Management, 360 Learning or SAP Success Factors use the same protocols and allow simple integration with the Gamelearn video games.
The integration with SAML takes the email address as a parameter through which it allows you to identify directly through your LMS, avoiding to create a separate account to access the Gamelearn video games. Do not hesitate to contact us for more information.
What is an "Integration"? Is it worth implementing it?
When we talk about "integration", we are referring the possibility of directly accessing our training courses via your LMS platform. Our games will be incorporated in your training course catalog and the employees will not require to access any other website or login to the Gamelearn platform.
One main criteria of the integration is that it avoids the user to register twice or creating two different access accounts. Your employees simply have to login in your LMS platform and they will be able to access the Gamelearn courses.
To access the Gamelearn platform, you do not need to install any additional software; you just need a link, a username and a password. You can say that the Gamelearn platform is somewhat a small Learning Management System (LMS).
Our recommendation is that you use our platform directly. It's easy, simple and safe. (More than 200,000 students from 1,500 companies have already enjoyed it.)
What are the different types of integrations that can be done with Gamelearn and what are the cost implications?
There are three different types of integrations which are the following:
1 - Quick integration via LMS
With this type of integration the students will be able to find the Gamelearn courses directly in your LMS. With a simple URL the students will click and be redirected to the Gamelearn platform, where they will have to enter their username and password.
This is the simplest way to integrate the Gamelearn courses in your LMS. The implementation time is immediate and has zero costs. It is a very practical option if you are going to create small groups and want to give visibility to Gamelearn video games. To do this you only need to incorporate the URL of our platform (https://students-platform.gamelearn.io/) into your LMS which can be easily incorporated by your IT team.
The main difference with the other integrations is that in this case the student has to register again (login with your username and password) on the Gamelearn platform. In this case, the Single Sign-On option would not be possible.
2 - Single Sign-On Integration (SSO)
With the SSO integration, the students will be able to access the Gamelearn courses once they have been validated in your LMS. This way they will not need to enter their username or password on the Gamelearn platform.
This integration is known as Single Sign-On and allows users to access several systems with a single identification. This provides a better user experience as the student does not have to access various platforms.
In this type of integration the student reports will be on the Gamelearn platform. You will be able to check how many employees have accessed the video games or monitor their progress in the course and much more.
If you are interested in the Single Sign-On integration, there are no additional cost from a minimum purchase of credits. Get in touch with us!
3 - Single Sign-On Integration with reports via your LMS
This integration includes all of the above including the possibility of consulting the progress reports of your employees from your own LMS without having to access the Gamelearn platform.
If you realize training courses frequently every year and would like to have all the information of your employees in one place (your LMS), this is the perfect solution for you then! Your employees will be able to access their personal information and the Gamelearn courses without leaving your LMS.
Due to the technical complication this integration has an additional cost so you must request us prior information so that we can evaluate the possibility and deadlines. Get in touch with us!
Is the application compatible with SAML2 as a service provider?
Our portal for SSO integrations (Single Sign-On) uses SAML with the IdP Initiated configuration only, so it would be compatible.
For an SSO integration with SAML, Gamelearn will be the 'Service Provider' and your organization as an 'Identity Provider'.
- We would only need your Metadata file (login URL to your LMS, ACS URL and x509 certificate).
- The authentication attribute must contain the user's e-mail.
- With your Metadata we will be able to activate the SSO and we would send you our file to be able to test the SSO in production environment.
What steps are to be followed to start with the integration?
It is essential to coordinate together with us to evaluate the possible integration that can be performed with Gamelearn. You can check our FAQ "What are the different types of integrations that can be done with Gamelearn and what are the cost implications?".
Get in touch with so that we can send you the documents explaining the integration process.
Here is a summary in 6 steps on the integration process:
- STEP 1: You must share with Gamelearn the contact of your IT department. From our side, we will require the technical information (Metadata*) of your LMS platform.
- STEP 2: Once you send us the required files we will save that information in our system.
- STEP 3: We will then generate a Metadata file and send it to your IT department so that you can configure it and save the information in your system.
- STEP 4: You will then setup a course in your LMS for Gamelearn with the configuration sent in the Metadata and the technical information will then be stored in both systems.
- STEP 5: We will create a test class to verify the synchronization between both platforms. To do that, we will simply enroll a student with access to your LMS and the course of Gamelearn to verify it.
- STEP 6: We will check if the synchronization is successful. If not, we will have to analyze the technical issue along with your IT department to successfully complete the integration.
What possible ways are there to enroll students in the platform with an integration?
There are two possible ways of enrolling the participants when related to integrations:
- The first one is through self-registration (where the user's account is created on the go and the access is via the SAML protocol)
- The other possible way is if you have been enrolled previously in the Gamelearn platform. When the student will access via your LMS with their usual credentials, their access will be validated and able to login.
What possible methods (eliminating / hiding an account) are compatible with an integration with Gamelearn?
Get in touch with us if you want us to delete all personal information of the participants. Keep in mind that you also have the possibility of enrolling a student with an alias or pixelate the personal details so that it is not displayed in the game's ranking.
What information is required to create an account in the application to make the integration possible?
It is essential that you provide us with an email address for each one of the students because we use the email address as a unique identifier for integration purposes. As mentioned, the email address is a mandatory field and is the "name_id” in the SAML protocol. We also recommend you to provide the first and last name of the student as an additional data for identification but they are optional.
If the classes are subsidized by FUNDAE, we need you to provide us with the data required by the regulations which are: name, surnames, email and ID of the participant.