In this article:
- How do I search for a student on the platform?
- How do I find my classes?
- Am I able to delete classes?
- Can I set limits on the time of day students can access the games?
- Can I change or edit the name of a class?
- How does the ranking configuration work in my classes?
How do I search for a student on the platform?
You can search for students by entering their name in the search bar found at the top of the screen. If you prefer, you can also search for the class the student is enrolled in and click on the name of the class. The list of students found in each class is in the "licenses" tab. The student you are looking for will be there.
How do I find my classes?
Should you want to check on your ongoing classes, click on the “CLASSES” tab, where you will find all your existing groups. If you cannot find a class, you can filter the name of the class in the search bar or go through all your classes.
Am I able to delete classes?
You will only be able to delete those classes where no students are registered (empty classes). If a group has any active licences, even though the class has not started, it will not be possible to delete it.
Should you need to eliminate a class with registered students who have not started yet, you will have to unregister them individually so as to later eliminate the group itself.
Can I set limits on the time of day students can access the games?
Yes, you can set a limit to the times when your employees will NOT be able to play. To do so, follow these steps:
- Once the class has been created, click on the “GAME ACCESS TIMES” tab
- Edit each day of the week and the times you do NOT want your employees to play.
Our experience tells us that it is preferable for students to access without time restrictions, for a better experience.
Can I change or edit the name of a class?
Yes, you can edit the name of your class. To do so, follow these steps:
1. Click on the “CLASSES” button in the grey left-side menu
2. Click on the class you want to edit
3. Click on “INFORMATION” and edit the name.
Remember to save your changes. We strongly recommend that the name should be short and intuitive. For example, you can use your company name + name of the game + group (1, 2, 3, etc) + the year + the start month. E.g. Gamelearn Pacific G1 2018 February.
How does the ranking configuration work in my classes?
When you are creating or editing your classes, you can also select the type of ranking you wish you show the students while they are playing the game.
Select the ‘Information’ tab of a class and you will see a drop down with three options under ‘Ranking display’.
- The first option ‘Show ranking’, it will allow the participants to view the ranking of each other within the class in real time. We highly recommend this option to boost engagement and competitiveness.
- The second option ‘Pixelate ranking’, it indicates the students will be able to see their position in the game but they will not be able to see which student has which ranking (the information is pixelated) within the game.
- The third option ‘Show alias’, it will show the ranking to all of the students and their position but with an alias name (associated to the student) instead of their real name.