In this article:
- Steps to extend the deadline of a class
- Is it possible to extend some students but not everybody in the class?
- What does “automatic extension” mean within a class?
The following are the steps to extend the deadline of a class
- Enter the corresponding class
- Select the “Information” tab
- Modify the “End date” field and click on “Save”. You will see the following prompt message “Changing the end date affects the period in which students can finish the course.” (each student will have a duration from the date of 1st connection + the number of weeks selected in the ‘Maximum playing time per students’ dropdown when you create the class.)
- Once the deadline of a class has been modified, check the "enrollment" tab for the final dates at the individual level.
- Notify the students the new end date of the class as there WON’T be any automatic notification sent out from the platform after applying the extension.
Is it possible to extend some students but not everybody in the class?
If you need to extend the game duration of an individual student more than the X weeks established in the class, it is possible. Please refer below the advantages of the automatic extension.
If you want to apply an extension to several students within the week limit that you have established in the class, you have to modify the end date of the class and then notify individually to those students you want to (the rest will not be informed of the extension of the new end date).
What does “automatic extension” mean within a class?
It gives you the possibility of extending the game duration of a student beyond 8 weeks.
- No need to depende on your CS.
- Be totally self-dependent and at any moment.
- Time saver: the extension is applied automatically or the student is warned that the course has ended.
To speed up the management of extensions, you can configure automatic extension on a class basis. If this option is activated, in the Campus each student will have an ‘Extend’ button to the corresponding course. This button will appear when the game duration is over but the class is still active.
If a student clicks on ‘Extend’ and you have sufficient credits or an active subscription, the game duration will automatically be extended by another week and the student will be able to continue.
Important Note: If you have credits, the system will notify you that 3 credits (new credits) will be charged per game for an extra week (beyond 8 weeks of game duration) from the moment the student has clicked on ‘Extend’. If you have a subscription there is no additional cost applied.